The 32 items we heard in Week 15 of those 2019 NFL year:
1. ) From the NFL’s 100past period, the league’s oldest competitions, both the Packers and Bears, have met 200 times. Following Sunday’s 21-13 success, Green Bay leads the all time string 99-95-6.
1a. Chicago, NFC North champions in 2018, was officially eliminated from playoff contention. So were the Broncos.
2. Sean McDermott > Mike Tomlin from the sideline matchup of former William & Mary teammates.
2a. McDermott, who is currently led Buffalo to 2 playoff berths in the previous 3 years after an 18-year absence, has also gotten the Bills into the 10-at plateau for the first time because 1999, coincidentally the last time they beat Pittsburgh.
2b. With Christmas coming… Rudolph siren? Duck Hodges (4 INTs) certainly murdered the Steelers on Sunday night.
3. If Sunday was Eli Manning’s final start at home, exactly what an exemplary operation of this longtime Giants celebrity. He also threw three interceptions from the Dolphins –’tis that the year… Manning has served up into a pick to each NFL franchise rescue the Giants — nonetheless, with the assistance of 2 TD yells, he rallied New York into some 36-20 success… day his career record to 117-117.
3a. Manning, who was emotional since the game wound up and then, also helped stop the initial 10-match losing streak in Giants history.
4. ) Miami dropped in the Meadowlands in fourteen days.
5. ) As legendary sportscaster Warner Wolf will say,”Let us go to the videotape!” … which shows, in the aftermath of the 34-13 triumph at Cincinnati, the Patriots are playoff-bound for the 11th consecutive season — the maximum series in league history.
5a. Earlier this year, New England reset another pub, getting the very first franchise in NFL history to win 10 matches in 17 successive seasons.
5b. The previous two days the Patriots were”to Cincinnati” in 2014 and 2016, they not only prevailed but proceeded to win the Super Bowl. Time to unwind in Foxborough?
5c. Can the Patriots locate something offensively Sunday, racing for 175 yards (30 over their second-most successful sport of 2019)? Maybe. But before we presume that their ground assault is hitting high gear at just the ideal moment (as it did 2018), let us recall that they confronted a Bengals defense which makes it possible for the most rushing yards in the league.
6. ) Tom Brady connected for 2 TD passes Sunday, providing him 538 in his 20-year career — one shy of Peyton Manning’s all-time album.
6a. Drew Brees will overtake Manning first when he links for three TD passes Monday night against the Colts.
6b. Nevertheless Brady did knock out of this record novel by posting at least 20 TD passes in a year for its 17th moment. Brees needs three to fit Manning with 16 for example seasons.
7. ) The Rams’ loss at Dallas enabled the 49ers, Seahawks and Packers to all officially secure playoff berths.
8. ) As moot as it might finally prove in January, pleasant to find that both the Eagles and Cowboys — now sit tied atop the division with 7-7 documents — will apparently determine the NFC East”race” on the area when they meet Week 16.
9. What exactly changed in what could prove a season-saving win for Dallas, which eventually beat a team with a winning record?
9a. Blue jerseys in home. (Yuck… convention )
9b. Kai Forbath capably managing the kicking (he struck all 3 FG attempts and five PATs).
9c. RBs Ezekiel Elliott and Tony Pollard joint for 248 racing yards and three TDs.
9d. Pretty fine defensive effort as the Cowboys held the Rams into 289 yards after they had gained 1,004 united in their previous two excursions.
10. The Tennessee Titans could have dismissed off their season Sunday. They entered the day tied for the AFC South lead with the Houston Texans and were certainly the sexier team. But things change rapidly in the NFL. Houston’s win not just conferred outright possession of first place, the Texans also clinched a much better division record than the Titans, that can’t win the AFC South unless they win their final two matches and Houston wins both, such as a Week 17 rematch with Tennessee.
11. Bravo, Travis Kelce, the first tight end in NFL history to compile four successive seasons ,000 receiving yards.
12. I don’t purchase K.J. Wright’s contention that Seattle’s defense is “championship-caliber,” he told me a couple weeks ago. However, Wright and fellow LB Bobby Wagner united to select off three passes in Sunday’s win to get a team that is now officially going into the playoffs… so what do I know?
12a. However, the Seahawks definitely understand how to protect a lead. They are an awesome 56-0 because 2012 when leading by four factors at halftime.
12b. Conversely, the Browns have dropped 25 in a row over the street after trailing after two quarters. )
13. Christian McCaffrey defeated two,000 yards from scrimmage, which could be more prevalent than you think — it is the 68th time it has happened in one year — although no Panther had handled it before.
13a. Nevertheless it has to be mentioned McCaffrey is currently up to some league-best 2,121 yards, tied with Walter Payton to get 39th-most at 1 season.
13b. McCaffrey also surpassed 90 grabs for the next time, which makes him just the second running back (along with Larry Centers) to perform it twice. He desires 14 longer to break the document (107) he put last season for many with a back in 1 season.
14. Jameis Winston is not under contract 2020, but difficult to think the Buccaneers will not franchise himat minimum, from the offseason. His proclivity to get turnovers (league-high 29) remains sobering, but he has also passed for 450+ yards and four TDs in successive weeks — particular stuff since it hadn’t been achieved prior to Sunday. And in the event that you’d noticed the current comparisons between Winston and also a youthful Peyton Manning, who was educated by Bruce Arians… welp, worth a longer look.
14a. Winston’s 10 matches this year with 300 passing yards rate the league. He has work to do before blossoming into a league MVP, but he may already be a dream MVP.
15. Talking of most precious players… is Lamar Jackson that the best double hazard participant in the NFL’s 100 seasons? That reads as a grandiose announcement, but he is already set the record for most rushing yards by a quarterback in one season (1,103), has accounted for 40 TDs (33 passing, 7 racing ) and demands 111 more yards through the atmosphere to become the first person in league history to pass for 3 months,000 and rush for 1,000 at one effort. He could flip the MVP race in precisely the exact same type of runaway that fellow Heisman Trophy winner Joe Burrow did Saturday while winning college football’s most prestigious award.
16. Incidentally, did you understand Burrow, 23, is 1 month old than Jackson, whose birthday is next month? Sam Darnold, Kyler Murray and Daniel Jones are currently 22.
17. Talking of former Heisman winners… Kyler > Baker.
17a. Nevertheless the star of the Cardinals’ win over the Browns had been RB Kenyan Drake, who scored four touchdowns Sunday, the first time he had tasted success 2019. Drake has split this year between Miami and Arizona.
18. The AFC North champion Ravens need 170 more rushing yards to become only the third team to collect 3,000 in a year.
18a. Baltimore requires 336 longer to violate the single-season listing of 3,165 defined by… that the 1978 Patriots.
19. So will visiting former Buckeyes celebrities Dwayne Haskins and Terry McLaurin have large games for Washington on Sunday entice Urban Meyer to jump to the NFL in 2020? Stay tuned… though perhaps he needs to call Steve Spurrier until he believes any potential offers from the Redskins.
20. Who wants Mike Evans when you’ve Breshad Perriman? A first-round bust in Baltimore, Perriman shone Sunday with 113 getting yards and three scores for the Bucs. It was the very first multi-TD match of his career and first time that he hit the century mark.
21. I know Mitchell Trubisky was playing lately and the Bears have to ascertain whether it is sensible to proceed with him because their starting quarterback in 2020 and outside. However, 53 throws? It is a disservice to possess him (and probably anybody ) pass much in a match which has been inside two possessions for the majority of the day. Trubisky is 1-6 in his profession when he tries over 40 moves.
22. Crazy to believe Tampa Bay OLB Shaq Barrett has tied Warren Sapp’s single-season franchise bag record (161/2) using 2 matches to go.
23. Rookie RB Miles Sanders banged out 122 yards on the ground at Philadelphia’s success at Washington, minding the Eagles’ series of 42 games with no 100-yard rusher.
24. Tell us why the Falcons do not give the ball to rookie Olamide Zaccheaus on each play? He has touched the ball this year, after a 93-yard TD catch and, Sunday, a fumble recovery for a TD.
25. Congrats to Adrian Peterson (14,102 career rushing yards), that bumped Hall of Famer from this league’s top-five all-time top rushers Sunday while linking another Hall of Famer, Walter Payton, to get fourth all-time together with his 110th rushing TD.
26. Peterson’s previous group, the Vikings, had eight players operate the ball (not including backup QB Sean Mannion’s three game-ending kneeldowns) to get 134 metres in Sunday’s thrashing of the Chargers. That is excellent, however Minnesota might be in deep trouble a month if direct RB Dalvin Cook is not prepared to donate much more as he continues to combat injuries.
27. Not one of the Bolts’ first eight losses this year came by more than seven points. Nevertheless, the succumbed 39-10 into Minnesota facing another”house” audience tethered to the visiting group.
28. Nice game direction from Atlanta coach Dan Quinn to finish the Falcons’ mad of this 49ers. Following WR Julio Jones only struck the airplane to get a go-ahead TD plus also a 23-22 perimeter with 2 seconds to perform, Quinn sensibly went for 2 and’d Matt Ryan kneel on the ball instead of invite the chance that an undercover Niners defense may take a turnover another way for 2 game-swinging points.
29. Scott Van Pelt alert: Nigel Bradham’s 47-yard TD off a Haskins fumble to cap the Eagles’ 37-27 success against the Redskins certainly swayed some fantasy soccer semifinals… and price various other people serious money given Philadelphia was a 41/2-point preferred in certain quarters.
30. Sunday night marked the first game because 1927 after three brothers played at the exact same NFL game. Congrats, Mama Edmunds.
31. The 57-yard run by Tennessee’s Jonnu Smith was the longest by a tight end because the Jets’ Rich Caster got loose for 60 back 1976.
32. Perhaps it was unavoidable, however, sad to see that the Raiders’ once-promising year completely go down in flames during their final home game in Oakland. The”Black Hole” was among the NFL’s great parties of lovers. Sad that”progress” has put that statement in the past tense.
Practice USA TODAY Sports’ Nate Davis on Twitter @ByNateDavis
If you like talking soccer, we’ve got the ideal place for you. Join our Facebook Group, The Ruling Away from the Field, to participate in friendly discussion and dialogue with fellow soccer fans and also our NFL insiders.