It’s essentially the most fantastic time of the 12 months. Due to a bonanza of bonus information, the vacation season is off to a fantastic begin. Milbank was very merry this 12 months, stuffing associates’ stockings with good cheer and wads of money. The legislation agency vacation events are about to start out kicking into gear, however the events and paychecks pale compared to what’s about to get underway: Above the Legislation’s eleventh annual vacation card contest. We’ve already obtained a number of emails asking about when this 12 months’s contest would begin. The reply: It begins in the present day.
We’re a authorized web site, so after all there are some guidelines to comply with:
1. As a result of we’re dedicated to the surroundings right here at Breaking Media, we are going to contemplate ONLY E-CARDS. You possibly can actually ship us paper vacation playing cards through snail mail — our deal with is Above the Legislation / Breaking Media, 611 Broadway, Suite 907D, New York, NY 10012 — however they received’t be thought-about for this contest.
2. To submit an e-card, please e-mail both a hyperlink to the cardboard or the cardboard itself (as an attachment) — however be aware that WE PREFER LINKS, if obtainable — to [email protected], topic line: “Vacation Card Contest.” The topic line is essential as a result of it’s how we are going to comb by our inbox to gather the entries when choosing finalists. Should you don’t use the proper topic line, anticipate a lump of coal in your stocking.
3. Please restrict submissions to vacation / Christmas playing cards that you just view as WORTHY CONTENDERS. We’re on the lookout for playing cards which can be unusually intelligent, humorous, or cool; we’re not eager about playing cards which can be secure or boring (e.g., a lovely winter panorama, a “Joyful Holidays 2019,” and the legislation agency title). We’re looking for playing cards with some perspective, with that further je ne sais quoi. Should you ship us a banal card, don’t be stunned if we make enjoyable of it.
4. In your e-mail, please embrace a BRIEF EXPLANATION of why this card is compelling — a proof that we MIGHT QUOTE FROM in case your nominee makes the finals (if you wish to be nameless, tell us). Should you can’t supply a proof, please rethink whether or not the cardboard is a worthy contender (see rule #3, supra).
5. The deadline for submissions is about two weeks from in the present day: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 13, at 11:59 p.m. (New York time). No exceptions. Should you’re studying this put up after the deadline, you then don’t learn Above the Legislation ceaselessly sufficient.
We sit up for your submissions. Thanks, and blissful holidays!
Staci Zaretsky is a senior editor at Above the Legislation, the place she’s labored since 2011. She’d love to listen to from you, so please be at liberty to e-mail her with any suggestions, questions, feedback, or critiques. You possibly can comply with her on Twitter or join along with her on LinkedIn.