Realme frequently has us questioning what’s what in its portfolio and where brand-new designs suit the current lineup. It’s a bit more of that now with the X3 SuperZoom – is it an X2 Pro follower, or does it change the plain X2 while an X3 Pro is prepared for the future? Or is it an interim design to bridge the time space while a set of X4s are getting created? Or perhaps it’s an action to the side of the X2s, however given that it comes out some 7 months after them, Realme felt the requirement to bump the number? We’ll look for the X3 SuperZoom’s location under the sun as we move along with this review.
Let’s begin with that SuperZoom bit. The name is influenced by the phone’s telephoto electronic camera, and it’s the 5 times zoom periscope lens setting it apart from all other Realmes – the few of which have a tele camera at all, adhere to a basic 2x system. A standout function warrants a standout name then.
Does zooming out count for SuperZoom? Perhaps they didn’t imply it that method, however the handset still includes a number of front- dealing with electronic cameras, among them ultra- large. It’s not a very first for Realme, with both the less expensive 6 Pro and the more expensive X50 Pro having a 2nd selfie shooter, however it’s not harming the X3 either.
They could not have called it the X3 SuperZoom LCD, could they? While the periscope makes the phone special in the Realme lineup, the non- OLED screen does make the SuperZoom protrude amongst all the other Xs, not always in an excellent way. OLEDs do have their critics, nevertheless, and they’ll be pleased to discover that this Realme’s LCD is 120 Hz- capable – we’ll talk more about that later on.
Alongside the screen panel, another choice that has budgeting and market division composed all over it is the option of chipset – in 2015’s Snapdragon 855+ can be found in less expensive than the existing 865 and leaves sufficient ground to validate the X50 Pro’s cost premium while being plenty effective still.
Here’s what the remainder of the essential specifications appear like.
Realme X3 SuperZoom specifications
- Body: 163.8 x758 x8.9 mm, 202 g; Gorilla Glass 5 on the front, glass back, plastic frame; Glacier Blue, Arctic White color choices.
- Screen: 6.6″ IPS LCD, FHD+ (1080 x2400 px) resolution, 120 Hz revitalize rate, 399 ppi.
- Camera: Primary: 64 MP Quad-Bayer, 0.8 µm pixel size, 1/1.72″ sensor size, 26mm equivalent focal length, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF; Ultra-wide: 8MP, 1.12µm, 1/4.0″, 16 mm, f/2.3, repaired focus; Telephoto: 8MP, 124 mm periscope lens, f/3.4, PDAF, OIS; Macro: 2MP, 1.75 µm, f/2.4, repaired focus.
- Front electronic camera:Primary:32 MP, 0.8 µm, 1/2.8″, 26mm, f/2.5, fixed focus; Ultra-wide: 8MP, 1.12µm, 1/4.0″,16 mm, f/2.2, repaired focus.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ (7 nm): Octa- core (1×2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485) CPU, Adreno 640 GPU.
- Memory: 8GB/128 GB, 12 GB/256 GB, no microSD card slot.
- OS: Android 10, Realme UI.
- Battery: 4,200 mAh, 30 W Dart Charge.
- Connectivity: 4G LTE; Dual SIM; Dual- band Wi-Fi, Buetooth 5.0, double- band GPS, USB Type- C 2.0.
- Misc: Side- installed finger print sensing unit; single, bottom- shooting speaker.
Perhaps you’ll observe some other peculiarities in the above list. The X3 SuperZoom does not have a sd card slot, while the vanilla X2 did have one, however not the X2 Pro or the X50Pro It’s not a Pro thing either – the 6 Pro lower in the lineup does have the function.
Speaking of, similar to the 6 Pro, the SuperZoom just has a single speaker – the greater- ranked Xs have stereo setups. Only 30 W charging assistance has actually made it too, while much faster variations include the X2 Pro and the X50 Pro, though 30 isn’t half bad in this context.
Realme X3 SuperZoom unboxing
The X3 SuperZoom shows up in the exact same instantly identifiable yellow box as the last batch of Realmes we have actually had in for review just recently. The contents remain in line with what we have actually concerned anticipate, too.
You get a 30- watt quick battery charger that Realme calls Dart and a cable television to opt for it – you require both pieces to charge the SuperZoom rapidly as they have exclusive circuitry. Additionally, Realme is bundling a soft silicone case for defense. There are no earphones in package.